Old 13-08-2014, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Hello

On 11/08/2014 19:24, Shiraz wrote:

Hello everyone, I've just joined because I love my garden and want to
learn all I can. I'm going to sit back and read untill I find my way
around. Think it might take me a while ... :-)

Welcome Shiraz. When you're ready, do tell us all a bit about your
garden, including where you are and your soil type. As you can see from
my sig line, I am on heavy London clay. Most of my planting is
decorative, using both flowers and foliage to create the sort of
borders/beds I enjoy. I also plant for bees, butterflies and other
insects. Apparently, I also plant for slugs and snails :~(. The veg
plot is tiny - and heaped with junk from other jobs at the moment - but
I am growing potatoes and rhubarb. In another (decorative) bed, I'm
growing a wall-trained plum tree. There is also a raised cascade pond
with fish in the top part and marginal/bog plants where I can cram them in.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London