Old 11-08-2014, 07:24 PM
Registered User

Cool Hello

Hello everyone, I've just joined because I love my garden and want to learn all I can. I'm going to sit back and read untill I find my way around. Think it might take me a while ... :-)
Old 11-08-2014, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hello

"Shiraz" wrote

Hello everyone, I've just joined because I love my garden and want to
learn all I can. I'm going to sit back and read untill I find my way
around. Think it might take me a while ... :-)

Welcome to this Newsgroup I hope you enjoy it as much as I have over the
years.
ps. if you don't know what a Newsgroup is look it up on Wikipedia.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 20:24:18 +0200, Shiraz wrote:

Hello everyone, I've just joined because I love my garden and want to
learn all I can. I'm going to sit back and read untill I find my way
around. Think it might take me a while ... :-)

I don't know what you think you have 'joined'. This is USENET and anyone
is free to read and post here - no membership required (or indeed,
possible). Anyway, welcome new poster

BTW sitting back and reading is known in USENET circles as 'lurking', so
welcome new lurker
Old 12-08-2014, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Derek Turner wrote:

Shiraz wrote:

I've just joined

I don't know what you think you have 'joined'.

GardenBanter :-(

Old 12-08-2014, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 20:24:18 +0200, Shiraz wrote:

Hello everyone, I've just joined because I love my garden and want to
learn all I can. I'm going to sit back and read untill I find my way
around. Think it might take me a while ... :-)

However you connect, you're welcome here. Lurking is fine but don't
hesitate to ask questions or share what you've got going in the garden!

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy

Old 12-08-2014, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/08/2014 11:13, Emery Davis wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 20:24:18 +0200, Shiraz wrote:

Hello everyone, I've just joined because I love my garden and want to
learn all I can. I'm going to sit back and read untill I find my way
around. Think it might take me a while ... :-)

However you connect, you're welcome here. Lurking is fine but don't
hesitate to ask questions or share what you've got going in the garden!

-E

If you do have a question then do say where in the UK you are, and if it
will help then a link to a picture will also help.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

and tell us where you are in the country, it helps because of different
weather extremes.

Mike
South Coast of the Isle of Wight

For those ex Royal Navy.
http://angelradioisleofwight.moonfru...ive/4574468641
7.30 – 8.00 pm Wednesday 13th August 2014
‘From the Crowe’s Nest’

Old 12-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Turner View Post
On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 20:24:18 +0200, Shiraz wrote:

Hello everyone, I've just joined because I love my garden and want to
learn all I can. I'm going to sit back and read untill I find my way
around. Think it might take me a while ... :-)

I don't know what you think you have 'joined'. This is USENET and anyone
is free to read and post here - no membership required (or indeed,
possible). Anyway, welcome new poster

BTW sitting back and reading is known in USENET circles as 'lurking', so
welcome new lurker
I joined GardenBanter and it brought me here. I've not been here long enough to be a lurker yet...
Old 12-08-2014, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Andy Burns" wrote

Derek Turner wrote:

Shiraz wrote:

I've just joined

I don't know what you think you have 'joined'.

GardenBanter :-(

At least they have their own method of putting a photo link up. However I do
understand that they don't make it easy to follow a thread, can anyone that
uses Gb confirm that or not?
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 13-08-2014, 01:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

-
Hello everyone, I've just joined because I love my garden and want to
learn all I can. I'm going to sit back and read untill I find my way
around. Think it might take me a while ... :-)-

I don't know what you think you have 'joined'. This is USENET and anyone

is free to read and post here - no membership required (or indeed,
possible). Anyway, welcome new poster

BTW sitting back and reading is known in USENET circles as 'lurking', so

welcome new lurker

I joined GardenBanter and it brought me here. I've not been here long
enough to be a lurker yet...

Hi and welcome.
I often do a spot of lurking around here at odd hours, myself,

--
Sue

Old 13-08-2014, 08:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Indigo" wrote

Shiraz wrote:

Derek Turner; Wrote:
Shiraz wrote:
-
Hello everyone, I've just joined because I love my garden and want to
learn all I can. I'm going to sit back and read untill I find my way
around. Think it might take me a while ... :-)-

I don't know what you think you have 'joined'. This is USENET and anyone

is free to read and post here - no membership required (or indeed,
possible). Anyway, welcome new poster

BTW sitting back and reading is known in USENET circles as 'lurking', so

welcome new lurker

I joined GardenBanter and it brought me here. I've not been here long
enough to be a lurker yet...

Hi and welcome.
I often do a spot of lurking around here at odd hours, myself,

Why not do some posting now you know whats what. Any gardening problems? Any
expertise you want to share? Just say hello and let us know what you grow.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 13-08-2014, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/08/2014 19:24, Shiraz wrote:

Hello everyone, I've just joined because I love my garden and want to
learn all I can. I'm going to sit back and read untill I find my way
around. Think it might take me a while ... :-)

Welcome Shiraz. When you're ready, do tell us all a bit about your
garden, including where you are and your soil type. As you can see from
my sig line, I am on heavy London clay. Most of my planting is
decorative, using both flowers and foliage to create the sort of
borders/beds I enjoy. I also plant for bees, butterflies and other
insects. Apparently, I also plant for slugs and snails :~(. The veg
plot is tiny - and heaped with junk from other jobs at the moment - but
I am growing potatoes and rhubarb. In another (decorative) bed, I'm
growing a wall-trained plum tree. There is also a raised cascade pond
with fish in the top part and marginal/bog plants where I can cram them in.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Hello??? KnotHead Lawns 2 31-03-2003 04:32 PM
[IBC] Hello from Japan (and some questions) Becca Ridout Bonsai 0 16-02-2003 05:03 AM
[IBC] Hello Again Craig Cowing Bonsai 3 15-02-2003 03:15 AM
[IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjamina Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 29-01-2003 02:56 AM
[IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjimina Richard Jeffery Bonsai 0 29-01-2003 01:42 AM