Old 13-08-2014, 11:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Neonic persistense

On 8/13/2014 9:14 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Knowing that many seeds these days are treated with neonics , I'm
wondering if that stuff is also present in the plants grown from seeds from
the original plant . And how many generations does it persist if in fact it
does . I like to save my seeds because I believe that seeds from a plant
grown here will be more acclimatized to this area . Second and 3rd gen seeds
even more so ...

I'd anticipate oxidative and photolytic degradation. Pesticides with
long lives like chlordane have been banned today.