Old 28-08-2014, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_8_] Ophelia[_8_] is offline

Default Seeking advice on pruning these young apple trees

"Spider" wrote in message

I'm very happy to help where I can and I'm really glad if it's helping
you. I hate all the mystery and angst surrounding pruning. Once you know
where to prune and especially *why* you're pruning, it all becomes very
common-sensical. Alas, there are gaps in my knowledge, but I am trying to
learn more. Having grown some of the trees/shrubs and gained experience
of them - including making mistakes - makes all the difference. Of
course, having The Book is a boon, as you will see.

I've got to be out most of tomorrow, so the laptop may not get switched on
till late, if at all. I'll have another session on Friday.
(By-the-way, dinner was most enjoyable, thank you - even the one I tried
to burn! It was kedgeree, one of my favourites, so I would have really
disappointed to spoil it).

g I am very pleased to hear it

Night night.

Enjoy your day off