Old 31-08-2014, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Any one use a Stihl HL100 hedge trimmer

On 31/08/2014 12:14, smiler44 wrote:

The wife is of the opinion we should get a Stihl HL100 petrol long reach
hedge trimmer. Does anyone use one and can give me an opinion on this
product? It's a lot of money to spend but I can see it will make cutting
the hedges quicker and easier

thanks smiler44

I'd have a word with your local Stihl dealer and see what price he will
give you on a straight shaft brushcutter with loop handle that will take
a hedge cutter head,.
Mine also has a chain saw head all interchangeable.
Could well come out at around the same price as the hedge cutter on its own.
I find it hard work to use for long, but 5 minutes cutting then the next
few minutes clearing up before the next cut.
My hedge is around 10 ft tall and still cut-able, being able to change
the angle of the blade for the top is a great help.
Well worth looking at if you have a lot of hedge to cut, and a lot less
hard work than the petrol trimmer I have as well.
David