Old 03-09-2014, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default if you have time

On 2014-09-03 20:21:00 +0000, Martin said:
snip

I am told that according to a video made by the father the two doctors treating
his son didn't agree on the treatment proposed in the hospital. In fact they
argued about it in front of him. They threatened to make the son a ward
of court
and said if they did he wouldn't be able to see his son again. He took his son
away from the hospital believing his son could have better treatment elsewhere.
Some other parents in the same situation would have done the same thing. It's
not obvious to me how he is going to pay for his son's treatment in Spain,
perhaps by suing those who blackened his name?

A lot of conflicting information is swirling around this case but I
read reports not dissimilar to what you write above. I hold to the
view that the parents were right to do what they thought best for their
child - you have to be in that situation to know what it feels like. I
understand, also, that the hospital had to report the removal of the
child while he was, ostensibly, under their care and in bad health.
What is not understandable or forgivable is that those parents have
been treated like criminals and kept from their tiny son who is in a
hospital where he knows nobody, doesn't speak the language and hasn't a
clue what is happening to him. That is dire. As to his treatment,
it's been offered in Czechoslovakia and a UK charity has offered to pay
for it. They were in Spain (apparently) to sell a property they owned
to fund the treatment.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com