Old 05-09-2014, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_8_] Ophelia[_8_] is offline

Default Heritage tomatoes

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 05/09/2014 13:44, Ophelia wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 05/09/2014 12:26, Ophelia wrote:
I bought a tomato plant which advertised that variety had been used in
the Arctic and I thought it might be easy to grow (well this is
Scotland) They are huge with deep dents in a pattern all the way
around. The first one to colour is going a very deep brownish colour.
Is that normal?

Depends on the variety.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...es&FORM=RESTAB

I can see a few similar there, but I don't know. So far as I remember,
it just said 'Heritage tomato' on the tag.

Ok, my fault and I will take much greater care in the future

Thank you!

More important, are they nice?

I don't know yet! I am still watching what happens to it The others are
still green.

Would you grow them again?

Depends on the above!

If the answer is yes to either then save some seed for next year.

What a good idea) (If I do, I will get back to you on the best way to
save them)

Thank you again

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/