Old 05-09-2014, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_8_] Ophelia[_8_] is offline

Default Heritage tomatoes

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote:

What a good idea) (If I do, I will get back to you on the best way to
save them)

Short form:
scoop out pulp with seeds, dilute 50:50 with water, put in a jar.
give a good shake a couple of times away, leaving the lid a little loose
afterwards.
in 3 days (some tend to sprout if fermented much longer)
Decant pulp and floating seeds, add fresh water, slosh around, let settle,
decant.
Repeat a couple or three times.
pour through a fine sieve to dry....a fan played on them helps.
Voila! clean seeds with little effort!

Gosh! That is very kind of you, Gary! Thank you very much!
saved

Would drying them off in the dehydrator help?

As for what variety they may be as David said, "Heritage" is ill defined
at
best. My climate in (New) York state is colder than Scotland in winter,
warmer in summer, so can give little advice there.

Shows you how much I know what to look for

Now I know it is possible this one that is going brown might not be unusual,
I will taste it and decide from there.

Taste is what matters.
SWMBO says I have none.

g I wouldn't dare argue with herself)