Old 05-09-2014, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_8_] Ophelia[_8_] is offline

Default Heritage tomatoes

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 05/09/2014 19:17, Gary Woods wrote:
"Ophelia" wrote:

What a good idea) (If I do, I will get back to you on the best way to
save them)

Short form:
scoop out pulp with seeds, dilute 50:50 with water, put in a jar.
give a good shake a couple of times away, leaving the lid a little loose
afterwards.
in 3 days (some tend to sprout if fermented much longer)
Decant pulp and floating seeds, add fresh water, slosh around, let
settle,
decant.
Repeat a couple or three times.
pour through a fine sieve to dry....a fan played on them helps.
Voila! clean seeds with little effort!

As for what variety they may be as David said, "Heritage" is ill defined
at
best. My climate in (New) York state is colder than Scotland in winter,
warmer in summer, so can give little advice there.

Taste is what matters.
SWMBO says I have none.

OR you can just spread the pulp with seeds onto a couple of sheets of
newspaper or kitchen roll or even a few sheets of Loo paper and let then
dry on that then once dry store

Or spread them out on a tray in the dehydrator? Could they end up too dry?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/