Old 07-09-2014, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Confused plants

On 2014-09-07 08:12:50 +0000, Martin said:
snip

I would recommend the one that has produced apple shaped and sized pears, if I
could be sure that the labels hadn't been crossed over. Incidentally, when we
bought a supermarket nashi pear in the last year it was equally disappointing.
The one we like has fruit that is like the nashi pears that we bought in a
supermarket decades ago.

This is an apple shaped fruit with brown skin but rock hard at present.
But so are the Belle de Jersey pears that we're growing. One of those
has 9 pears on it and one has 3!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com