Old 07-09-2014, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Gladiolus from its seeds ?

On 07/09/2014 18:50, ws wrote:
On Sun, 07 Sep 2014 15:44:54 +0100, Janet wrote:

A clump of Black Prince (iirc) which has survived several winters in the
open garden, has produced fat seed pods for the first time.

Has anyone propagated cultivated, large-flowered glads from their own
garden seed? Any guesses how long from seed to flowering size corms?

Janet

From memory, plant one season, overwinter, they should flower next season.

If it was that easy then we wouldn't bother with corms.
I think you will find it's 3 to 4 seasons from sowing to flowering, and
they do benefit from lifting at the end of each season.