Old 08-09-2014, 07:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter James[_6_] Peter James[_6_] is offline

Default Blight resistant Tomatoes.

Bob Hobden wrote:

Does anyone else grow these outside? As usual we planted Ferline, Legend and
Lesotto (could not get any Fantasio). Unusually all have died of blight this
year and the only tomatoes left growing are the self sown ones out on the
plot which so far are not showing any signs of blight and are covered in
fruit. They are obviously from last years Lesotto (which is F1) but they do
seem to be more resistant than the original, perhaps they crossed with one
of the others. I will be saving seed!
Is Blight becoming more infective or are there more strains about?

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

All of my outside tomatoes on the allotment succumbed to blight and I
basically lost the lot. 12 plants all of which were cropping very
heavily when the "plague" struck. And that in spite of me spraying them
regularly against the disease.
Blight does seem to me to becoming much more infective in the past few
years.
I shan't bother with tomatoes or potatoes again next year.

Peter
--
-
The e-mail address obviously doesn't exist. If it's essential