Old 29-09-2014, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Which Petrol Lawnmower?????

"Bob Hobden" wrote

"kanewesley" wrote
I have a good size lawn and need a petrol cylinder mower to stripe it.
We live near a river and outside the back garden, residents in our row
cut a path up the slope of the river bank to gain access to the river
walk.
The slope is steep and about 8 metres long x 1.5 metres wide.
I inherited an Atco b17 with the house and have had to replace the
engine on it 3x. due to my ignorance of how mowers lub. themselves.
I now know some use a "splash" system.......and realise that as I was on
the steep slope of the bank, was starving the engine of vital
lubrication causing it to seize and ruin.
My question............what kinds of cylinder petrol mowers use this
splash system as I need to keep away from them....and what kind of
cylinder mowers use an "oil pressure" system?????

Many thanks in advance !

You asked exactly the same question on here on the 25th April 2014.
Solutions include battery and electric power, buying an old two stroke
mower** on Ebay, or a very expensive professional petrol two stroke mower
made for such jobs. See http://www.southernmachinery.ie/as-motor.htm

** I actually took one down the dump some years ago. Silly me.

Just had this reply from Honda UK.......

"Thank you for contacting Honda UK.

The engines, fitted in all of our mowers come with splash lubrication oil
system.

The GCV 140 and 160 engines can be used on slopes up to 45 degrees.

For more information on those two models, please contact your nearest Honda
Energy dealer, that

you can find using our search tool:
http://www.honda.co.uk/energy/findadealer/ "

--