Old 02-10-2014, 12:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default I grew a "California Organic" labeled Beet

On 30/09/2014 3:38 PM, Bob F wrote:
Pulled up a beet today, and noticed while washing it that it had a firmly
attached clearly readable "California Organic" oval label on it.

The label must have come off an avacado skin or something which had gone through
my 2 year composting process. Then, the beet grew against it. It looked like it
just came from the store.

I hate those labels.

Yep.

I try to do my part and compost, and those labels are often
very hard to remove to throw in the garbage.

Yep.

I am constantly picking them out of
the compost as I spread it, but you can't get them all.

Yep.

I propose a law
requireing that such labels be quickly compostable. I'd prefer they were
outlawed.

Yep.