Old 03-10-2014, 04:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default I grew a "California Organic" labeled Beet

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:
On 30/09/2014 3:38 PM, Bob F wrote:
Pulled up a beet today, and noticed while washing it that it had a
firmly attached clearly readable "California Organic" oval label on
it. The label must have come off an avacado skin or something which
had gone through my 2 year composting process. Then, the beet grew
against it. It looked like it just came from the store.

It seems to me that if your target consumer cares if the food is organic
there is good chance that they would care about the disposal of the label
and so using excessively durable labels is a silly mistake. Why annoy your
consumer over nothing?

Hmmm. I see a label-durability protest action where you stuff these
labels in next to every seed you plant, then spray poisons, fertilize
chemically and generally treat the plants as non-organically as
possible, pull them out, take whichever ones the labels stuck to and
haul them down to the farmers market to sell as "California Organic -
says so right on this here label!"

Heh, heh.