Old 05-10-2014, 09:25 AM
kanewesley kanewesley is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
"kanewesley" wrote

Yes Bob....I DID post this question before but the only answer I got
which may have helped is :

"Get the same mower as your neighbour"!!!

He moved !

Being a novice in the Lawnmower engine world, I was hoping for the
experience and / or expert professional knowledge of a retired gardener,
or groundsman or such, to guide me in the right direction.

ie "You need to get something along the lines of a Suffolk Model xxxxx,
or a Briggs & Stratton, or a Qualcast ...Model xxxxx, because these use
an oil pump instead of primitive splash system.

A professional would direct you to the sort of very expensive professional 2
stroke mowers I gave you a link to before, perfect for your job except for
the price. However what you need to do is ask the mower engine suppliers or
mower makers, as I did for you with Honda, the sort of lubrication system
they use (splash is no good for you, pump or pressure is) then you will end
up with a list of engines/mowers to choose from.
I actually can't believe all Honda's engines are splash lubrication.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.
No Bob.......as primitive as the splash system is....neither can I !!

But thanks though....I think I may have to ring a few manufacturers direct myself....or try and trace my old neighbour !

Cheers !