Old 06-10-2014, 02:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Is there some proper way to pick parsley?

Todd said:
Hi All,

I have "Italian Parsley" in my tiny garden. It prefers
the shade under my zuke jungle. Whenever I
pick some, it wilts in about two hours. The
organic stuff from the store lasts about two
week in my crisper.

Is there some proper way to pick parsley? Any idea
why mine wilts so fast?

Pick it, plunge it into cold water, and then drain. I'm guessing
the stuff in the store has had a rinse/soak at some point after
being cut.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."