Old 06-10-2014, 06:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default Is there some proper way to pick parsley?

On 10/06/2014 09:34 AM, John McGaw wrote:
On 10/5/2014 4:57 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

I have "Italian Parsley" in my tiny garden. It prefers
the shade under my zuke jungle. Whenever I
pick some, it wilts in about two hours. The
organic stuff from the store lasts about two
week in my crisper.

Is there some proper way to pick parsley? Any idea
why mine wilts so fast?

Many thanks,
-T

Isn't that the main driving force for having herbs in the garden: to be
able to pick what you need when you need it? I'd simply snip off what I
need moments before using it it and not worry about what was done to the
stuff in the store to give in an unnaturally long life in the fridge.

Hi John,

You are correct.

I have a black thumb and am ticked whenever I can get ANYTHING
to grow. And, I only have access to the garden at specific
times of the day -- it's complicated. And day or even week
old herbs are far better than store bought herbs.

-T