Old 07-10-2014, 01:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default I grew a "California Organic" labeled Beet

Fran Farmer wrote:
On 2/10/2014 10:20 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Speaking of organic , can I consider muscadines that grew wild
out in the woods "organic" ? Do I have to use "organic" sugar and
yeast to have the results considered "organic" ? Does organic wine
get you an organic high ? Or should I just drink it and not worry
about it ?

You're not seeking certification are you? If the answer to that is
"no" or you don't know what I'm talking about, then do the latter.

Actually Fran , I was poking fun at the "organic" movement . I make a
little wine for personal comsumption , and I use berries and fruit from the
woods around our house for most of it . Next year (if the hive survives and
we get some honey) I'll be trying my hand at mead ...
My garden might not be technically organic , I do use some 13/13/13
fertilizer , soapy water , BT and a fungicide as needed . But there are no
other pest control measures and no weed killers at all . I particularly
don't use glyphosate in any form . We suspect that my wife's digestion
problems might be related to carryover into such things as corn - partly
because the problems started as glyphosate came into widespread use .
--
Snag