Old 08-10-2014, 01:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Blight resistant Tomatoes.

Bob Hobden wrote:
: Does anyone else grow these outside? As usual we planted Ferline, Legend and
: Lesotto (could not get any Fantasio). Unusually all have died of blight this
: year and the only tomatoes left growing are the self sown ones out on the
: plot which so far are not showing any signs of blight and are covered in
: fruit. They are obviously from last years Lesotto (which is F1) but they do
: seem to be more resistant than the original, perhaps they crossed with one
: of the others. I will be saving seed!
: Is Blight becoming more infective or are there more strains about?

Lesotto -- did you mean Losetto? I have grown these in containers
in S.E. Essex this year where there have been numerous warnings of a
Full Smith Period on http://www.bligh****ch.co.uk in recent weeks.
Some of the unripe tomatoes have had the characteristic brown-green
mottling but the stems have had none of usual the brown marks/legions
I've seen with blight on other varieties in the past. None of our G/H
plants which are all other varieties have been affected. I'm not sure
whether we've had blight or not!

Regards
Tom Crane

: -- Regards
: Bob Hobden
: Posting to this Newsgroup
: from the W.of London. UK

Ps. The email address in the header is just a spam-trap.
--
Tom Crane, Dept. Physics, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham Hill,
Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, England.