Old 11-10-2014, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default T shaped Shrub cuttings

Sue I have used this in the past with Quickthorn and Lavender, both
successfully.

Mike

Watch this sace.
"Indigo" wrote in message
o.uk...

I saw a Beechgrove episode recently in which Jim demonstrated taking
shrub cuttings for rooting in a frame (he was usinng Variegated
Weigela). He did one where, instead of leaving a 'heel', used a
sideshoot but left a small section of the adjoining stem intact &
snipped off top and bottom - so it formed an upsidedown truncated T shape.

I can't recall seeing or reading of doing cuttings like this before, so
wondered if anyone uses this technique & what advantages, if any,
there'd be over the usual heel cutting, perhaps for certain plants or
conditions.

--
Sue