Old 11-10-2014, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Enorma Runner Beans .... latest

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Well as I promised, the latest result. I have just cut them down and there
were 14 plants on a tent frame arrangement 5 feet long. They produced just
over 30 lbs all together but the very latest, those we took of yesterday
not as 'fleshy' as those earlier and were not counted in.

We rate this a success. Comments welcome.

I always grow Enorma. I have plenty in the freezer - we'll probably have
some on christmas day.
My German friend finds it difficult to grow runner beans. They have long
hot summers and I think she ignored my advice about digging a trench for
them, and watering. so just saved them for seed.
I'm going to send her some Enorma and see how she goes with them next year.
French beans do well there, but runner beans not so much.