Old 17-10-2014, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael michael is offline

Default Growing quinces in Cheshire

I have experience of growing quinces (Meech's Prolific and Portugal) in Herefordshire,where they grow and crop well.I now wish to grow them either on my allotment or in the garden-my allotment has sandy soil and the garden clay.
I read somewhere that quinces are really for the South and Midlands,but given that our climate is warming,would quinces crop well in Cheshire (10 miles south of Manchester)and if so which is the best variety?
Michael