Old 22-10-2014, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cordyline Australis limp at pase due to winds

"AL_n" wrote in message
"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

You have to poison them to kill them IME although it might be easier
in a pot. :-)

Thanks, all, for the feedback. I'm amiss to be honest. There are 15-ft
tall
ones in my area that have survived the winds, but my little 4ft-tall one
gets trashed. It's the second time this has happened to this particular
one. It happened a couple of years ago and I had to wait for new growth to
start from scratch - so I'm extra disheartened!

Al

They do vary a lot in growth habit and robustness some of the coloured
leafed ones have thin stems, but any thing that has been in the ground more
than a year or two takes a lot of killing!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs