Old 22-10-2014, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Cordyline Australis limp at pase due to winds

On 21/10/2014 15:44, AL_n wrote:
Hi all,

My 4ft-tall Cordyline Australis has toppled over and the base of its trunk
is limp, where it got pushed over in last night's strong winds. Is it now a
'goner' - or can it survive, if I stake it and tie the trunk in an upright
position?

Many thanks

Al

It rather depends what you mean by "limp". If "limp" is merely loose in
the soil, then firming the roots back into the soil and staking it would
help and it will almost certainly survive. However, if "limp" means
anything like soggy or bendy, then I would be inclined to suspect some
sort of rot or disease. No plant is going to grow on a rotten base, so
I suspect it may be a "goner" :~(. Sorry.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London