Old 23-10-2014, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Cymbidium query

On 23/10/2014 16:46, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Pam Moore" wrote

I have told before the saga of my cymbidium which hasn't flowered
since I bought it at least 15 years ago though 4 plants I made by
splitting it and gave away, have all flowered the last 2 years.
The only reason I can think of is that I gave mine plenty of space in
a new pot, the others were crammed into smaller pots! All in orchid
compost.
Mine has been outside all summer.
Question; should I bring it in before we have a frost or leave it
untill we have had a few cold nights. It's looking very healthy and is
almost bursting its pot!

It needs cool nights to help initiate flowering but not frost at all,
that will kill it. All mine are still outside and now is the time to
give them some flower food or half strength tomato feed for a couple of
waterings.

I followed Bob's advice last year and my three Cymbidiums flowered for
the first time in approx. 3yrs. Gosh, Pam, you've got some patience!

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London