Old 24-10-2014, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Race[_2_] Malcolm Race[_2_] is offline

Default Lawn Weeds

I have been lurking here for a few weeks and would now like to tap your
not inconsiderable collective knowlege.

I have two problem weeds, one in each of my two lawns. Both have been
treated with Verdone and a spray on spot weeder with no effect. The
first is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/41828lh67k..._1921.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj1bm8c9rr..._1922.JPG?dl=0

This one has purple flowers looking somewhat like clover

and the second is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tudftpbyxs..._1923.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qeeo1g96g..._1924.JPG?dl=0

The foliage is purple and seems to shed water - it spreads readily.

I appreciate that one answer is to dig it all up and re-seed but the
second covers a considerable area and appears to spread from the
smallest fragment

TIA

Malcolm Race