Old 30-10-2014, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Holly cuttings

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
Is there any chance of rooting holly cuttings taking at this time of year
or must I mark the interesting bushes and wait until spring?

There is a sport with huge berries I'd like to propagate from.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Best time for cold frame type cuttings is August to October, if you have a
mist unit then you get good results right through to February

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

I have several young hollies sprouting in my garden despite the only holly I
have seems to be a male tree with no berries.