Old 31-10-2014, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default What a finish!

Well we have only just closed the Patio Doors and it's dark.

Superb day here on the south East Coast of the Isle of Wight

Mike

Those who have contacted me,
don't be so impatient,
an advert will be here soon ;-)
Thanks for your kind comments following the attacks :-)

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message ...

"Sacha" wrote

Bob Hobden said:

"Sacha" wrote

We've had ceaseless sunshine all day today. It really is quite beautiful
and still warm, too. I've just been down the garden to photograph what
we think is a Camellia sinensis and the bees are busy on it, too.

Yes we were about to take a walk around the Savill Garden in the sunshine
but realised we had a problem when we got to the car park barrier, it
refused to work. On checking, the car park pass and our cards they were
all out of date, should have been renewed 1st Sept, so we drove back home
to see if we had just forgotten to change the cards. No new cards at home
and the DD hadn't been charged so phoned them. Turns out they changed
their DD system in May and we, amongst others I suspect, got dropped off.
So much for a nice walk in the sunshine!

Oh that's bad luck! They should have let you in anyway.

I'm sure they would have done if we had talked to them it but we wanted to
see if any new cards were at home although neither of us could remember
getting any. Anyway, once sorted on the phone we went back, by which time
our electronic cards were working again, and managed a walk around but it
was beginning to get cooler by then.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.