Old 31-10-2014, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
david david is offline

Default What a finish!

On 31/10/2014 17:01, Spider wrote:
On 31/10/2014 14:15, Sacha wrote:
We've had ceaseless sunshine all day today. It really is quite beautiful
and still warm, too. I've just been down the garden to photograph what
we think is a Camellia sinensis and the bees are busy on it, too.

We've had a lovely day here, too, Sacha. I've only just come in from
the garden .. and then reluctantly because I couldn't see what I was
doing any more! Couldn't do what I wanted to do because I've strained a
muscle, so I've been flinching all day just doing some light pruning and
weeding, but still pleased with what I cleared.

Didn't see any bees today, but we've had lots till quite recently, so I
expect I missed them today because I was clearing flowerless areas.

No Bees?
Does that mean you didn't get a snack as you worked?
Liked the BBC 4 visit to your house on Wednesday evening, very interesting.
Planted up a couple of troughs, and re potted a couple of things. then
gathered a few more dahlia seed heads (Cut and labeled).
I see that D. Imperialis
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ralis2811a.jpg
and D. Tenuicaulis
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps9cd31ecc.jpg
both have flower buds so if things go well in about 3 to 4 weeks there
could be flowers.
My Morning glory started well inside, in fact to well so I had to
untangle them before planting out.
Once planted they went backwards and over about 3 weeks they all died.
Did have a nice show a few years back when I grew them through a clump
of bamboo.
David @ an amazingly rain free side of Swansea bay, but I doubt it will
last much longer.