Old 31-10-2014, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter & Jeanne Peter & Jeanne is offline

Default What a finish!

"Emery Davis" wrote in message ...

A stunning day here too, so glad you had the same!

Picked up a replacement belt for the tractor this afternoon, only to find
it too short. But my doughty neighbour actually managed to produce --
and in pretty good nick too -- a belt that would do the job! Still the
repair took up much of the late afternoon and I only got an hour or so on
the tractor. But can't complain really: 21C, a brisk breeze with full
sun, and didn't strip a single bolt on the old girl!

First year that I can recall that a real poppy has been flowering in the
garden in November ! (assuming it survives the next few hours)

Pete (jn Cheshire)