Old 31-10-2014, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Doubtful Viburnum

In article ,
David wrote:

Found this plant/shrub yesterday in Morrison s, it had been yellow
stickied to half price pot labeled as Hardy garden plant and the label
was for Viburnum Eve Price (Which is a form of Viburnum tinus).
It's like no viburnum I've ever seen or can find.
I don't know if was a lazy grower thinking it had to have some sort of
label or what (They didn't have any other shrubs there)
The leaves are small as you can see by the 20p (No that's not its fruit)
No scent to them.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps821903cd.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psefbd60cc.jpg

Well, it's got opposite leaves! I am sure that I have seen it,
but my best guess is something like Lonicera nitida, or just
possibly a Ceanothus.

Don't think it's either of those, the leaf shape is wrong
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...pscdfd5e93.jpg

I never said it was a GOOD guess! Ceanothus are far more variable
than most people realise, though I don't think it is one.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.