Old 01-11-2014, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default McBeans Orchids.

On 01/11/2014 12:42, Bob Hobden wrote:
Talking to a chap at the Orchid Society of GB show at Wraysbury this morning
it appears that McBeans Orchids of Cooksbridge, near Lewes, who have been
going since 1879 and have exhibited at every Chelsea Flower Show finally
closed their doors yesterday. Such a shame. We have already lost Thatched
Lodge Orchids at Aldermaston, Wylde Court Orchids near Newbury, and
Stonehurst near Wakehurst Place. Only leaves Burnham Nursery in Newton
Abbot, Devon and Laurence Hobbs Orchids in Crawley Down, Sussex that I know
of if you want anything out of the ordinary.

I may have missed it, but couldn't see anything about it on their website.
http://www.mcbeansorchids.co.uk/index.html

--

Jeff