Old 02-11-2014, 06:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default What a finish!

On 2014-10-31 16:30:00 +0000, Chris Hogg said:

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:15:37 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

We've had ceaseless sunshine all day today. It really is quite
beautiful and still warm, too. I've just been down the garden to
photograph what we think is a Camellia sinensis and the bees are busy
on it, too.

Lucky you! Uninterrupted fog/drizzle/light rain down here for the last
few days. Really murky and miserable. Cleared today, but grey overcast
skies, chilly and windy.

Post a picture of your C. sinensis? I have one, but too small to
flower so far. Have you tried making a brew? Tregothnan now produce
it. http://tinyurl.com/pc62x49 See your bank manager!

Here's a photo of it. It's pretty certainly C.sinensis var. assamica,
according to another Camellia expert - not Jennifer Trehane.
http://i59.tinypic.com/5oh99u.jpg
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com