Old 04-11-2014, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BobH BobH is offline

Default Rain, Rain and more Rain

On 04/11/2014 11:44, Tim Watts wrote:
On 04/11/14 11:33, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 04/11/2014 07:43, Saxman wrote:
On 03/11/2014 20:17, David wrote:
Or should that be Mud, Mud and more Mud. And to add to the fun we had a
thunderstorm late last night, and heavy showers all day today.
Still in 7 weeks the nights will be getting longer and we will be
looking forwards to Spring. That is if we don't get washed away first.
David @ a very soggy side of Swansea Bay

If I can recall, wasn't last winter very wet?

Not half...

This is what last winter did to our railway line (East Sussex):

Stonegate:
http://www.networkrail.co.uk/assets/...50be7b6282.gif

Whatlington:

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/assets/...1c8cfe0298.jpg

We had just over 60mm of rain in January which was just over the
average, and 94mm which was nearly twice the average in February.