Old 08-11-2014, 01:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rain, Rain and more Rain

"David" wrote in message
Or should that be Mud, Mud and more Mud. And to add to the fun we had a
thunderstorm late last night, and heavy showers all day today.
Still in 7 weeks the nights will be getting longer and we will be looking
forwards to Spring. That is if we don't get washed away first.
David @ a very soggy side of Swansea Bay

Lots of rain here too. Enough that the bridge is flooded so I can't get
down to the village (again)
It's called the Churchill Road Bridge and us who live up here know very well
if we can get through the water, it has a big dip in the middle) so someone
goes out both sides to put cones and Road closeed signs out. But there's
always one van driver who thinks he can make it and push through the signs.
I had to go the long way round and he was still under there when I glanced
back to see if anyone was so stupid. ;-)
Because I live there, I know the level of water I can risk with my car. If
it's over the kerb, don't even think about it (massive dip under the
bridge)
If I had a Land Rover and a tow rope I could make quite some money from that
bridge when Mr Stupid finds his car stuck in the water. Pull them out for a
tenner instead of calling a garage out. Some years ago some chap had to get
out of his sun roof because the water was so far up his doors he couldn't
open them It looks so innocuous, it isn't.