Old 09-11-2014, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I thought I had

"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 09/11/2014 18:04, Christina Websell wrote:
But cow parsley will. If you don't attack it at this stage it will be 5
feet high later

It was, at the end of the summer. Then I took a brushwood cutter all along
the edge of the garden. The nettles were as big.

Cleared up when seeds have dropped. Which might be why the mice have moved
into the loft.

Andy

I don't have mice. I have a cat. No mouse would chance his luck about
getting into the loft with him around. Or they could try if they were bent
on suicide.
He is brilliant about catching mice and small rats. Big rats, not so much,
the ones with the big brown teeth and approaching a pound in weight, he says
no, get the terriers in! and even then those big rats can give the terriers
a hard time. One terrier got half its nose bitten off by a big rat that had
taken refuge under some tree roots, but the strange thing is that the
terrier did not seem to mind. I did. I insisted on treating her nose with
antiseptic. The rat men said it wasn't necessary, I said it was.
So my cat says big rats need terriers and I agree with him.
But normally he sees them when they are small and they don't get big. If he
misses one and it does get big, he refers it to the doggies. who are so
dangerous he has to stay in the house if they are coming otherwise he'd be
an ex-cat.
They sweep through the garden after any vermin and tbh anything alive in
their path. But I expect that. These are what I call "hard" dogs. One of
them had killed her kennelmate. I wouldn't trust them for a minute with a
child, they are bred for what they do. Although the terrier men claim
their dogs are fine with children and superficially they are, I've seen them
in killing mode, and let me tell you they are very dangerous then so I
wouldn't risk leaving them alone with a child under 12, especially a
female child who might scream for whatever reason.

Screaming can bring on a attack from a dog.