Old 11-11-2014, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Shredder bonus

"Charlie Pridham" wrote ...

First a bit of back ground, for many years now whenever anyone on here has
asked for a shredder recommendation I had no hesitation in recommending my
Bosch AXT 2200 HD then about a year ago it caught fire while in use and
died, the new motors were expensive so I decide to replace it with a new
version of the same model, now while its not a bad shredder compared with
the original its much more time consuming to use (largely due to increased
safety measures such as cut out switches) Then last week while walking the
dog we met up with a couple who in conversation on hearing that we gardened
said they had a shredder they wanted shot of would we like it as they no
longer used it and it was filling up space in their shed. When we heard the
make and model and age we realized it was probably going to be the
original, so we fetched it home and today in the pouring rain it got its
first test ( see picture ) Happy doesn't begin to describe it
https://www.flickr.com/photos/89219640@N04/15579737899/

(and before anyone asks it was my wife's idea to work in her kitchen!)

Why do I never have luck like that!
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.