Old 13-11-2014, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Well done the BBC

On 2014-11-10 17:43:27 +0000, Martin said:

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 17:13:48 +0000, Spider wrote:

On 10/11/2014 16:30, Broadback wrote:
I know we love to knock the BBC on their gardening programmes, but
having just watched "Gardens from Above" with Christine Walden, as far
as I am concerned they have hit the spot.

Aww! I missed that, probably because it was on at 3.15pm. Our tv isn't
switched on until 7pm-ish. Even so, I would have expected to see a
trailer for it. Perhaps there was one and I missed it.
I'll have to try and catch it On Demand .. or similar. Thanks for the
prompt .. and the recommendation.

The episode you missed is repeated on Sunday Morning
http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/c7...1---1-cornwall

There are more episodes to come.
http://www.radiotimes.com/programme/...ens-from-above

I watched it yesterday afternoon (Tuesday) and greatly enjoyed it. I
liked seeing the gardens from above because it gave me a sense of place
and perspective. And of course, quite a lot of the great gardens were
intended to be seen at least in part, from a second storey or higher,
so this gave some impression of that! I wish the directors would drop
this "can i gave you a hand" nonsense. It's so false!

I suspect it was partly made using a camera carrying drone.

Just the coverage of the Thames barges made it worth watching :-)

Not a lot of gardening on those, however. Raymond enjoyed it because
it showed Essex in such a positive light for a change!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com