Old 13-11-2014, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garlic shelf life

"Broadback" wrote in message
Watching a TV program in the last couple of days the cameras visited a
garlic farmer, who has found a new way of preserving garlic. He claimed
that garlic cannot be kept for more than three months. Is that true? I'm
sure that I have kept it longer.

It does tend to shoot (or sometimes dry out) so what I can't use within a
couple of months, I peel & crush and put in the freezer. Ice cube trays are
useful for this (but do not use said ice cube tray for anything else
afterwards ;-) )