Old 14-11-2014, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
david david is offline

Default branch pruning saws

On 14/11/2014 18:26, Emery Davis wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 05:00:15 -0800, jfflkjflkjflkdfj wrote:

On Friday, November 14, 2014 12:32:55 PM UTC, stuart noble wrote:

This is very good indeed, but not curved

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spear-Jackso.../dp/B002AKKF7Q

Seconded, cheaper from toolstation:
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Land...n+Saws/sd3265/

Razorsharp+Garden+Saw/p52906

I tied mine onto the end of a long stick and used it to chop a few high
limbs from my eucalyptus. With just the weight of the saw bearing on the
cut it went through 4 inches quite quickly.

Funny that looks like what we used to call a rip saw, not a pruning saw!

Anyway it may be good but not manoeuvrable enough to get into some of the
tight spots. Thanks for the link though.

A rip saw was for cutting down the length of timber whilst a cross cut
was used to cut across the grain.