Old 27-11-2014, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mystery plant on a mountain

On 26/11/2014 22:50, Bob Hobden wrote:
This is obviously an escaped garden plant but it's high up just off the
Winlatter Pass in the Lake District and on the banks of a mountain stream.
Those a glossy pinky berries.....what is it?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhob...57649073279758

How big are the berries? Ditto for the tree. Do you have a close-up of
the berries? I would normally copy the image and enlarge it in
IrfanView, but flickr won't allow the image to be copied and I can't
find a way round the protection.

But in the absence of any other info I reckon Janet's suggestion of one
of the rowans is as good as any.

--

Jeff