Old 08-01-2015, 12:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Veg for shade

"Broadback" wrote in message
I have cleared a small area that is mainly in the shade. what veg grows
well with little or no sun?

Nothing, in my experience. I tried growing veg in my shady garden, and they
didn't do well. so I grew them in my paddock down in the village which has
full sun. They do fine there. Rhubarb soon died in the shade, too,
struggled along for a couple of years and then gave up the ghost.
I don't think you'll be able to grow vegetables in a plot that has little or
no sun. You might try spinach, but don't hold your breath.