Old 11-01-2015, 10:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default What to do ...

Ecnerwal wrote:
In article ,
Derald wrote:

Frank wrote:

Just wish I saw as many deer when I hunt them as I do in my yard
where I can't.

Seems to me bows exist for such situations....?

Check _all_ the details of your local game laws. Various places I have
lived and been aware of the laws, there was a big honking exception
for "on your own property."

Whether that is true at this time for the place you live, or not, is
something _you_ need to find out. And, as Derald says, you might also
need a bow to keep from having the neighbors freak out. The squeamish
ones might freak out anyway, but you're not forcing them to look...

I'm SO glad I live in a clearing out in the woods ... with like-minded
neighbors . Bow season here goes until the end of February , and I still
have 3 unfilled tags . I asked the local F&G officer about shooting them for
eating my garden , he said I better have a really good fence ... fortunately
my neighbors are mostly some of the finest people I've ever met , and since
I never call when I hear shots , I don't think they will either .
But bows are silent ... and the orchard is in range of my living room
window .
--
Snag
The one time I DID call , some asshole had taken the backstraps and