Old 07-02-2015, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FrankB FrankB is offline

Default Plant Id

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 06/02/2015 18:19, FrankB wrote:
"David Hill" wrote in message
On 06/02/2015 17:40, FrankB wrote:
I found what appears to be a some sort of large evergreen herbaceous
plant or possibly a shrub with long stems buried under a thicket of
brambles and ivy. I took a photo showing what looks like dried up
flowers at the end of a side shoot. Having cut all the main stems back

notice that near the crown the stems are 1 cm thick and coloured

mainly
red but also flushed with yellow. Anyone know what this plant might

be?
*http://tinyurl.com/m4dxcu5*

The link doesn't work for me

It works fine for me of you copy and paste into address box of your

browser.

Here's an alternatiuve link.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/120747...5000/lightbox/

Thanks for providing a link that works.
I think you will find that what you have is a form of Leucothoe

Thanks. I believe you are correct as someone else suggested this on another
gardening website where I put up the same photo. Never heard of or
encountered this plant previously. I have had to cut it back hard to 12"
stems as it was very straggly, so hope it will recover but don't think it
will flower this year.