Old 10-02-2015, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Wilkes, Andy Wilkes, Andy is offline

Default Plant Id

On 09/02/2015 20:21, FrankB wrote:
No one else has ever complained in all the years I've been posting. Don't
see why I should change my newsreader settings just to suit you. Why don't
YOU change the settings on YOUR newsreader if it's such a problem?

To the best of my recollection, it is only the last day that your posts
have been visibly html - so if people with readers that can parse html
looked at your posts they wouldn't see it as obviously html.

Indeed, the post I'm replying to doesn't look like edited html.

However, the problem was the post you made with the vomit/diarrhea
background colour of earlier (the first in this thread). To a news
client that can parse html, it jars and looks pretty vile. Tastes
notwithstanding.

It is good manners to follow the group's charter - and also to try and
post so that, within reason, most clients can read posts properly.

--
regards andy