Old 12-02-2015, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Race[_2_] Malcolm Race[_2_] is offline

Default Killing Ivy

On 12/02/2015 13:58, Judith in England wrote:

I have a panel fence between me and my neighbour.
We had ivy on both sides of the fence before we replaced it with new panels. I
appear to have successfully killed the ivy on my side (thanks to suggestions in
this group).

However, my neighbour's has not all been killed off - and new shoots with
leaves are appearing through the fencing on my side.

I have successfully killed all the shoots which come through (Roundup) - but I
wondered if my continued application to new shoots will eventually kill off the
ivy totally?

I have had success with a compund call Root Out. It was originally sold
as a stump killer but thanks to the EU it is now only available as a
compost accellerator. I successfully removed ivy from a wall by cutting
the stems and using it as a stump killer on them while killing the ivy
rooted to the wall by spraying. I obtaind mine from a loacl allotment
association (on the strict understanding that it would only be used a a
compost accellerator :-) ) I have since found it on line at
http://www.garden-products.info/rootout.htm .

Malcolm Race