Old 16-03-2015, 03:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Plum and apple trees

On 3/16/2015 8:42 AM, songbird wrote:
wawwiz wrote:
Thanks for the info I will check out Texas A&M see
what they have to say.

the local library may have some references...

songbird

Much easier to just go online. I bought a book called "Pruning Made
Easy" some years ago and it is very handy, especially for old brains
that often forget stuff. "Stuff"= anything that could be handy but is
easy to forget. G

I think we have every manual pruning tool in existence now, I have one
limb lopper that is at least fifty years old but sharpens up easily.
Going to prune the kumquat tree a bit today to keep that rounded shape.
Just picked and ate the last three kumquats yesterday.

Fig tree is leafing out nicely and is still slowly growing. Blueberry
bushes are leafing out also and we put down a lot of pine needles as
mulch this past weekend. Should help to keep the soil around the
blueberries acidic.

Carrot seed went in yesterday, finally. Today is sunny and warming up,
it's 67F here now and going up to low seventies later. Tomorrow the !@#$
rain starts again, possibility of rain over the next several days in the
50 to 60% range, which, around here, means it's going to RAIN.

I fell again last night and wasn't even drunk. This old partially
paralyzed right side is getting weaker. You have to be strong to get
old. And getting old beats the alternative.

George