Old 28-03-2015, 04:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default What Happened to Spring?

It was down to 31°F last night and 26°F predicted for tonight. I
covered my onions and spinach with 2 layers of row cover. Took it off
today so they don't cook. Back on tonight. I found some volunteer
lettuce plants yesterday. Dug the up and put them in the greenhouse.
They go back out when it warms up. Thank goodness the peas haven't
germinated yet.

I cut a small serving of rhubarb this morning. Dessert at lunch.
Discovered that 2 of the 3 rhubarb plants DH got last year have poked
their heads through. Still watching the last one. These are fairly
expensive, supposed to be red ones. Once they get going good I may
start taking cuttings and replace some of the existing plants that
don't do very well.

Guess in a few days I will start transplanting some of my tomato and
pepper seedlings into larger quarters. Am even more sure that they
are not going outside until sometime in May.

--
USA
North Carolina Foothills