Old 02-04-2015, 02:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Broccolli flowers

On 1/04/2015 11:18 PM, wawwiz wrote:
Well for some reason all my plants went from 1" heads right to flowers, question: Are the stalks and flowers (yellow things) edible? Leaves are shot, but I have long stems and yellow flowers.

I make curried cream of Broccoli soup with the stems which are not much
use for any other thing other than giving to the rabbits or chooks.
When the offspring studied at University and suffered the usual student
poverty, a good free feed could be had by asking the veg section staff
of the supermarket for the broccoli stems "to feed to my rabbit" and
then using my recipe to transform said stems into something delicious.